Friday, July 27, 2012

Vintage Worship Gathering - An Extraordinary Community Connecting with an Extraordinary God


by guest blogger Angie Caswell

I was a church hopper for several years to avoid true connection.  I tried every church in the West Palm area that was the largest congregation size possible, convinced I did not really need to be ultra “plugged in.”

But for some reason, none of these churches truly pulled me in.  Nothing about the spectacle or the large numbers was enough incentive to stick around longer than a year.  And more often than not, my leaving went unnoticed.

It was at this point in time, my senior year of college, that I really began searching for a new place.  A place where I felt recognized, welcomed.

What stuck out to me about Vintage Worship Gathering was genuine people connecting with one another and leading one another to God.  The people gathering here at the Mos’Art Theatre week-in and week-out genuinely care for one another.  And no matter how many weeks I missed in between my busy college schedule and want of sleeping in from time to time, every time I returned to Vintage I was met with the statement,

Hey, it’s great to see you!  How was your week?

No explanations are needed.  Come as you are and tell us how your week was.


The no-strings-attached attitude is what, ironically, enticed me to stay. 

Allowing myself to actually open up and become a part of this community is a decision I have never once looked back on.  Through this venue I’ve found genuine people to befriend and be mentored by.  I have found great food, giving attitudes, and I have found God.  A God who says “Come as you are; I want to meet with you today.”

Will you meet with Him today?
 

No comments: